These predictions come from the 2016 Asia Salary Snapshot
which has been compiled by the HR recruitment agency, Links International.
For HR directors (regional or otherwise) with six to ten years of experience, the predicted salary range is S$6,000 to S$12,500 per month.
Other senior HR positions showed the following monthly salary ranges:
- Regional compensation & benefits manager/director (S$14,000 to S$20,000)
- Regional organisation development director (S$15,000 to S$18,000)
- Recruitment manager/Regional recruitment manager (S$10,000 to $S18,000)
- Regional training director (S$10,000 to $S18,000)
- Organisation development director (S$11,000 to S$15,000)
- Regional organisation development manager (S$8,000 to S$12,000)
- Global mobility manager (S$8,000 to S$10,000)
The report suggests that HR prioritise succession planning and next generation leadership development as there will be over 3.6 million baby boomers retiring in Singapore during 2016.
Looking at the HR job market, the demand for HR professionals is predicted to be greatest in areas such as compensation & benefits, learning development, in-house talent acquisition and talent management.
As multinational corporations seek to expand into neighbouring countries, there will also be a higher demand for HR professionals with experience within APAC or Southeast Asia.
New Singapore salary projections released
Senior HR wages set to rise
What does 2016 hold for the HR job market?
HR directors or regional HR directors with 10 to 15 years of experience can expect to earn anywhere between S$12,000 and S$25,000 per month, according to the latest figures.